Who are we?
A group of student representatives from across the years, working together to ensure the voices of the students are heard, help to maintain a greater sense of community within the school, and continually strive to improve the student experience.
What we’ve done:
- Installed microwaves in the common areas for students
- Addition of a coffee vending machine in the Common Room
- Host the annual Vet School Pre-Burns supper in January
- Organise the Vet School Christmas Market
- Run the Dick Vet Promotional Shop
- Creation of two new subcommittees to ensure all students feel involved in a community on campus, involving welfare and equality & diversity
When do we meet?
We try to meet on the first Monday of each month from 5 – 6pm out at Easter Bush. We eat pizza and discuss what’s going on at our school and across the University! We welcome anyone and everyone to our meetings and are always ready to hear some new ideas.
Previous meeting minutes:
Have an exciting idea that you’d like to bring to the vet school?
Come to our meetings to talk about it! Or feel free to email us at: Dick Vet Student Union (DickVetSU@ed.ac.uk) or contact our co-Presidents, Bernadine Cardoza & Shaily Dhinoja (2022-23) if you have any questions.